As your trained and experienced Birth Doulas, we will support you in all your pregnancy, birth and postpartum needs, learning, choices, questions and desires.
More than anything, we want you to love your birth experience. We will work alongside you and your partner to help make that happen.
No meds vs. epidural, hospital vs. home, forest floor vs. hospital bed, we don’t care. We care that you have the encouragement, information and support YOU want, to have the birth YOU envision.
Let’s dive deeper into what you can expect when you hire a Stork to Cradle Doula as your Birth Doula….
- Unlimited phone and email support from the moment we start working together
- Full access to our lending and resource library
- One herbal tea/remedy to support you in pregnancy
- 1 prenatal session, during which we’ll explore labour and birth, your wishes, plans and the many options ahead. These sessions are designed to prepare you to make informed choices that are going to best suit your desired birth experience
- Use of TENS Machine (Learn About Elle TENS)
- Non-stop labour and birth support! Once on hand on the day of, there are many ways we can support you. Here are a few specific examples:
- Emotional support; reassurance, guidance, comforting words, cheerleading
- Positioning and movement suggestions specific to you and your labour
- Natural pain relief suggestions and hands on comfort measures such as acupressure, counter pressure and massage
- Making sure you’re as comfortable as you can be and have everything you need and want, even when you might not know you want it
- Suggestions on ways your partner can support you in positions and with comfort measures
- Assistance in setting up your birth space
- Help get everyone settled, fed and comfortable after birth
- Assistance with breastfeeding
- 1 in home postpartum visit to ensure you have everything you need in place to make the whole new parenting gig, a touch bit easier. We’ll talk about the birth, your postpartum experience and how early parenting is overall treating you
- Postpartum sitz bath herbs and a postpartum herbal tea to support your post birth healing
- Unlimited phone and email support through 6 weeks postpartum